The Suicide Discussion Board is open for the purpose of suicide
awareness, support, and education for those whose lives have been
affected by the suicide and for those who want to discuss and learn.
It is an outreach project of the on-line communities Friends &
Families of Suicides (FFOS), Parents of Suicides (POS) and Suicide
Awareness Education and Support (SASE).
Our monitors, Diane and Deb, are here to help you. We are not counselors or professionals. We are people walking the path to healing after our own personal losses. We offer you understanding and sympathy based on our own experiences.
* We ask you to sign all messages. Anonymous posts take away from the integrity of the board.
* Keep in mind that all messages are public, so do not write anything that could come back to haunt you later.
* Religious proselytizing is not appropriate.
* Graphic descriptions of harmful or dangerous actions may not be shared on the board.
* Most messages will be scrolled off of the board after 2 months. This is to keep the board fresh and current. You may repost messages after they have scrolled off, however.
* Any messages that approve or encourage suicide or indicate suicidal intent will also be removed.
* Messages that are rude, disrespectful or insulting of others will be removed.
The Suicide Discussion Board is not a place for suicidal people to get help. Any messages that may encourage self-harm or suicide, or that indicate suicidal intent will be removed.
If you have suicidal thoughts, please talk with a friend or family member, a counselor, or call 911 or 1-800-suicide. You may also send an email to email@example.com for e-mail help.
If you have questions or concerns about the board management, you may e-mail the site administrator, Karyl Chastain Beal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Special Sites to Visit